The first similar plant of the company is now located on a territory not controlled by Ukraine and since 2014 HarvEast does not control it
The seed business of HarvEast agricultural holding is actively developing. Thus, the company expects to complete the construction of a seed plant in the Donetsk region by the end of this year.
The general director of the holding, Dmitry Skornyakov, specified that under favorable conditions construction should be completed in July-August 2017. The plant with a capacity of 10 tons of seed treatment per hour will focus on seeds of legumes and cereals.
This is not the first seed plant of the holding. Earlier, the agroholding owned an enterprise that was lost in 2014 due to fighting in the East of Ukriana.
What kind of investment will be required for the implementation of the project D. Skornyakov did not disclose. He only noted that the project will be funded, to a greater extent (70%), at the expense of the company's own funds, and the remaining 30% will be attracted in the form of loans.
Simultaneously with the project to build a new plant, HarvEast intends to cooperate with the seed producer Maisadour on the production of sunflower seeds. The essence of this partnership is that Maisadour will provide HarvEast with parent sunflower lines for independent seed growing. It is assumed that these seeds will be grown on 50 hectares of land, some of which are irrigated. Then Maisadour will assign the batch number and finalize the seeds to the required condition at their own plant in the Dnepropetrovsk region, after which they will be returned by HarvEast.
Holding HarvEast, created on the basis of agricultural assets of the PJSC "Mariupol Metallurgical Plant named after Ilyich" (Donetsk region), appeared in 2011. Its owners are the group "System Capital Management" Rinat Akhmetov and the group "Smart Holding" Vadim Novinsky.